Naqqar Khana, Red Fort

Naqqar Khana or Naubat Khana is a term for a drum house or orchestra pit during ceremonies. The name literally means drum (Naqqar/Naubat)-house (Khana) They are a distinct sign of Mughal architecture. The Red Fort one was constructed in 1636 CE by the Mughals. After the end of their patronage, Naubat Khana fell into a state of disrepair and remained in that state for almost a century until a Britisher named George Fisher restored it in 1858 for the new Zilla School 

Naqqar Khana, Red Fort
CONTRIBUTOR
Anamit Sen
Anamit Sen
SIZEDIMENSIONPRICE
1000 x 667 26 USD
2496 x 1664 53 USD
Media Details
Buildings & Architecture
web and print
jpeg
129514
2496 x 1664
More from Anamit Sen
Pasta Meal
Pasta Meal
Garden Birds, Spotted Dove
Spotted Dove