Prinsep Ghat Calcutta

Prinsep Ghat was  built in 1841 during the British Raj, along the Kolkata bank of the Hooghly River. Built in memory of the Anglo-Indian scholar James Prinsep the porch was designed by W. Fitzgerald and constructed in 1843. Located between the Water Gate and the St George's Gate of the Fort William, in its initial years, all royal British entourages used the Prinsep Ghat jetty for embarkation and disembarkation.

Prinsep Ghat Calcutta
CONTRIBUTOR
Anamit Sen
Anamit Sen
SIZEDIMENSIONPRICE
1000 x 408 20 USD
3000 x 1224 39 USD
3809 x 1554 53 USD
Media Details
Buildings & Architecture
web and print
jpeg
128761
3809 x 1554
More from Anamit Sen
Pasta Meal
Pasta Meal
Garden Birds, Spotted Dove
Spotted Dove